Technology Consulting - Big Data Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
As part of our Data and Analytics team of Technology Consulting practice you will work with multi-disciplinary teams to support clients in a wide range of big data initiatives aiming to generate and present new, useful and actionable insights. You will have the opportunity to work and take responsibilities in challenging engagements, gaining exposure to clients in various sectors both in Greece and abroad.
Your key responsibilities:
- Participation in large-scale client engagements.
- Contribution towards, or even leading delivery of innovative and engaging big data solutions.
- Understanding of business and technical requirements, provision of subject matter expertise, and implementation of big data engineering techniques.
- Conducting of data discovery activities, performing root cause analysis, and making recommendations for the remediation of data quality issues.
- Putting into practice good organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple complex projects under tight deadlines.
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related fields.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in two (2) or more of the below areas:
- Programming with at least one language and related technologies (Java, Scala, Python, C#, C++, etc.)
- Big data concepts, tools and platforms available (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR, etc.)
- Development life cycle (design, develop, test, deploy, etc.)
- Any of the following tools / technologies for:
- Data Management (SQL, HiveQL, SparkQL, KSQL, etc.)
- Data Ingestion (Kafka, Flume, Sqoop, StreamSets, NiFi etc.)
- Data Storing (HDFS, NoSQL, HBase, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, etc.)
- Workflow / Scheduling (Oozie, Ampari etc.)
Ideally, you will also have at least one of the following:
- Design and implementation of data models in physical form in one or more of the leading RDBMS platforms such as SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2 / Netezza, Teradata, etc.
- Data modeling (ER models) techniques.
- Experience with Business Intelligence or statistical analysis tools and techniques.
- Experience with investigating and handling data quality issues.
What we look for
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Desire to investigate and try-out new tools and technologies as they are released.
- Ability to work under tight timelines, in cases for multiple project deliveries.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within high-performing teams.
- Confidence to convey technical advice and guidance to clients.
- Advanced technical writing skills in Greek and English (additional languages a plus).
- Evidence of self-motivation for continuous development.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Your application has been successfully submitted.