Data Scientist – Data Analyst
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
We are currently seeking highly motivated people for our Consulting practice, which is a leading provider of services to financial industry and large corporate clients of all industries. Being part of our Data & Analytics Center of Excellence you will work with multi-disciplinary teams across the entire EMEIA region to support global clients.
Your key responsibilities
You will identify appropriate modeling techniques to answer the most critical business questions and use your analysis to infer well substantiated business insights in support of your clients’ decision making. To do that, you will use clients’ in-house data as well as appropriate external data-sources.
You will also resort to various data management and visualization techniques to provide insight into the data. Your portfolio of skills covers a wide range of advanced statistical and machine learning techniques for classification, prediction, recommendation, clustering, forecasting, as well as data management, data visualization, and optimization, applied in a commercial context.
You will build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers and contribute to the development of a portfolio of business by focusing on high-impact opportunities. You will contribute to presentations of modeling results and project proposals.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills in English for both technical and business audiences.
- Fluent English is a pre-requisite. Knowledge of additional languages will be appreciated.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work under tight timelines for multiple project deliveries.
- Ability/flexibility to travel and work abroad for international projects.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Excellent academic background, including at a minimum a bachelor or a masters degree in Data Science, Business Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Engineering, Operational Research, Computer Science, or other related field with strong quantitative focus.
- 2-7 years of working or related research experience (evidenced by PhD and/or relevant publications, awards, or completed project credentials) with preferably at least 2 years in a commercial/industrial context and particular focus on the following:
- Data modeling and Management, integration and manipulation of large disparate datasets (i.e. structured, semi-structured or unstructured)
- Predictive modeling and optimization
- Strong skills in databases, statistical packages for data manipulation and in development of predictive and prescriptive models (i.e. R, Python, SAS, SPSS, SQL).
- Experience in designing, building, testing and validating models using a large number of statistical and other quantitative techniques.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Software development experiences in Java and/or C/C++ as well as advanced databases.
- Experience with Big Data/In Memory technologies, such as Hadoop (Hortonworks, Cloudera etc.), SAP HANA, IBM BigInsights, Oracle Exalytics.
- Experience with scalable big data based advanced analytics software, such as Apache Mahout or 0xdata H2O.
- Experience in Advanced Data Visualization tools, such as Tableau, Spotfire, Qlikview and others for integration between disparate data sources, design and implementation of KPIs and generation of automatic and scalable visualizations that will facilitate extraction of business insights.
- Experience in structuring and overseeing program design, development, testing and debugging activities.
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to demonstrate enthusiasm, high motivation and passion to develop fast in a multinational working environment. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Your application has been successfully submitted.