Junior Software Engineer
What if we didn’t focus on who you are now, but who you could become?
Here at EY, you’ll have the chance to build a truly exceptional experience. We’ll empower you with the latest technology, surround you with high-performing teams, and provide the global scale and diverse and inclusive culture you need to discover your full potential. Through our coaching and training programs, you’ll develop the skillsets you need to stay relevant today and in the future – all while building a network of colleagues, mentors, and leaders who will be on the journey with you at EY and beyond.
The exceptional EY experience. It's yours to build.
The opportunity: your next adventure awaits
Gain experience working with our highly motivated team for our Technology Consulting practice, which is a leading provider IT services to clients across sectors and industries.
As part of our Solutions Delivery team of the Technology Consulting practice, you will work in multi-disciplinary teams to provide a broad range of information technology related services, such as software development, solution architecture and IT implementation support. Team members include professionals with a variety of backgrounds, including excellent academic credentials in quantitative sciences, IT, engineering, business and economics, as well as deep professional experience in Greece and abroad.
Your key responsibilities
- Participation in large-scale client engagements.
- Contribution towards, or even leading delivery of complex applications and solutions.
- Analysis of technical requirement and implementation using a variety of modern technologies.
- Putting into practice good organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple complex projects under tight deadlines.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or other related, quantitative fields
- Understanding of Object-Oriented Programming, with experience in at least one high level programming language (C#, Java, Python)
- Working knowledge of versioning and source control systems.
Ideally, you will also have one (or more) of the below
- Up to 3 years of relevant working experience in implementation of IT systems, including analysis, design, implementation, integration and maintenance.
- Experience with Azure cloud technologies and DevOps
- Understanding of relational databases and experience working with at least one RDMS (SQL Server, Oracle Database, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience in consuming or building web services (JSON/REST or SOAP)
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to demonstrate enthusiasm, high motivation and passion to develop fast in a multinational working environment. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills and talents as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What’s in it for you
- Accelerate your technical capabilities and transformative leadership skills with future-focused courses and development programs.
- Broaden your horizons by working on highly integrated teams across the globe and collaborate with people of diverse backgrounds — both professionally and culturally.
- Bring out the best in yourself with continuous investment in your personal well-being and career development.
- Develop your own personal purpose and help us create a positive ripple effect on our teams, our business, clients and society – building a better working world, together.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Your application has been successfully submitted.