Business Intelligence (BI) / Data Visualization Consultant
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Modern technology produces more data than ever before, but also provides the tools for the storage, organization, analysis and sharing of these data. This results in novel opportunities in the application of substantiated, innovative business insights to support better informed decision making for our clients. Our data and analytics professionals have diverse industry knowledge and experience, along with unique technical expertise. Their specialized skills cover a wide range of advanced data management, reporting and analytics techniques that may be applied in a variety of commercial contexts.
As part of our data and analytics team of the Technology Consulting practice you will work with multi-disciplinary teams across the entire Central Eastern Southeastern Europe & Central Asia (CESE) region to support clients in exploring, visualizing and analyzing data to generate and present valuable insights. You will be given the opportunity to work and take responsibility in challenging engagements, gaining exposure to various sectors both in Greece and in the CSE region.
Your key responsibilities
- Participation in large-scale client engagements.
- Contribution towards, or even leading, the delivery of engagining and value-add data analysis, visualization, and reporting solutions.
- Understanding of business and technical requirements and provision of subject matter expertize.
- Conducting of data discovery activities, performing root cause analysis, and making recommendations for the generation and presentation of useful insights.
- Putting into practice good organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple complex projects under tight deadlines.
To qualify for the role you must have
- 1-5 years hand-on experience in one or more of the below areas.
- Data modeling (ER models) primarily for data warehousing purposes, with emphasis on dimensional schemas. Ideally, you must have gone through at least one full life cycle implementation.
- Ability to design and implement reporting solutions in at least one of leading Business Intelligence packages (e.g. Oracle OBIEE, IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects, MicroStrategy, QlikView, etc.).
- Hands-on experience in using leading Data Visualization packages (e.g. Tibco Spotfire, Tableau, etc.) for producing enaging and useful insights.
- Experience with investigating and handling data quality issues.
- A Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or other related fields.
Ideally, you will also have
- Design and implementation of data models in physical form in one (or more) of the leading RDBMS platforms such as SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2/Netezza, Teradata, etc., or alternatively
- Experience with Big Data or In-Memory technologies, such as Hadoop, SAP HANA, etc.
We are looking for professionals with
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work under tight timelines, in cases for multiple project deliveries.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively within high-performing teams.
- Confidence to convey consulting advice and guidance to clients.
- Advanced business writing skills in Greek and English (additional languages a plus).
- Ability to develop clear and impactful presentations, translating advisory services into meaningful valued propositions for clients.
- Evidence of self-motivation for continuous development.
- Willingness and ability to travel and work abroad for international projects.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our rewards package includes a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Your application has been successfully submitted.