Industry Sponsored Ph.D. in Computer Science, Bioinformatics and Computational Biology
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to follow a joined work-study program, working at Stremble, while pursuing a Ph.D. through joint research with the eHealth lab at the Department of Computer Science at the University of Cyprus. This is a unique opportunity to work towards a Ph.D. with a strong advising team with links to both academia and industry while also maintaining a very competitive salary. This position will be under the Stremble R&D director (Athos Antoniades Ph.D.), and the Ph.D. work is under Prof. Constantinos Pattichis as academic advisor.
Location and Pandemic disclosure: Stremble Ventures LTD has enacted a strict work from home model due to the pandemic. Once conditions allow, work will resume in our offices in Limassol.
The successful candidate will need to meet all requirements from UCY to be accepted and to complete the Ph.D. program.
Education and past experience required:
1. BSc in Computer Science.
2. MSc preferably in Computer Science, Bioinformatics or other related domains.
3. A wide programing experience in object oriented languages.
4. Strong scripting abilities, especially using scientific research and analyses tools.
5. A strong interest towards applying computer science in the medical research domain.
6. Experience working in teams, and demonstrated experience in autonomous work and learning.
7. Strong English writing skills.
Additional characteristics considered assets but not required (please specify in your resume).
1. Experience in experimental design, analyses or software development for research purposes.
2. Experience with cloud computing (e.g. Amazon AWS) and version control, and past development activity in the open source community.
3. Computing Skills: Web development, R, SAS, XML, Python, C, C++.
Stremble Ventures LTD is a small and fast growing, research and development oriented Biotechnology Company. Our research team is composed of scientists from multiple disciplines that are provided with the resources required to research, expand and deploy technologies that transcend their expertise. We perform research with our partners that results in beneficial products and services for the pharmaceutical, healthcare and biotech industries as well as citizens. The company’s research focus is towards the advanced analytics, life sciences, pharmaceutical and medical research. Stremble is an equal opportunity employer that focuses on performance based metrics to set personal development goals and objectives of our team members helping them grow with the company.
eHealth Lab at UCY: http://ehealthlab.cs.ucy.ac.cy
Stremble Ventures LTD: https://stremble.com/
HOW TO APPLY: Please send your resume, and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org include in the title Reference Number StrAASponPh.D.0014.
Your application has been successfully submitted.