Senior Network Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Want to join a dynamic IT Operations & Infrastructure Team?
If you are skilled in Network Engineering and enjoy technology development, we'd like to meet you!
Apply at https://lnkd.in/dvPhrq4
#networkengineers #informationtechnology #infrastructure #network #team #hiring #jobs #careers #recruiting #techjobs #recruitment #itsystems #ccnacertification #ccnp #cisconetworking #itcertifications #telecommunications
Network & System Engineer
The ideal candidate will be responsible for maintaining and intermittently improving our current network configuration and infrastructure. You will design our revamped network infrastructure with the goal of maximizing our network performance & security. You will also provide troubleshooting and configuration support by using your strong technical skills in Linux and Windows environments and IP networking.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish the networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, and defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards
- Design and implement new solutions and improve the resilience of the current environment
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with network architects on network optimization
- Undertake data network fault investigations in local and wide-area environments using information from multiple sources
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies, and defining and monitoring access
- Support and administer firewall environments in line with IT security policy
- Report network operational status by gathering and prioritizing information and managing projects
- Upgrade data network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases
- Configure routing and switching equipment, hosted IP voice services and firewalls
- Provide remote troubleshooting and fault finding if issues occur upon initial installation
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science/Computer Software/Computer Systems Engineering/Computer Systems and Networks/Electronic Engineering/Network Security Management
- MSc in Telecommunications, Networking or similar technical fields will be considered as an extra asset
- 5+ years of previous experience in a similar position
- Strong knowledge in IP networking
- Working experience in Fortinet/HPE Aruba Routers & Switches, Security Appliances
- Experience with virtualization (e.g. VMware)
- Expert level knowledge in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Microsoft based environments
- Knowledge of system security techniques
- Security aware to ensure the Confidentiality Integrity & Availability of Information Systems
- Genuine interest in exploring and working with new technologies
- Fulfilled military obligations (for male candidates)
- CCNA (Cisco)
- CCNP (Cisco)
- NSE 4 Professional (Fortinet)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- WCNA (Wireshark)
- Work effectively under pressure
- Excellent communication skills
- Time Management
- Ability to prioritize technical issues
Your application has been successfully submitted.