Full Stack Developer
What does Nodes & Links do?
We are a team of curious minds on a mission to revolutionise the way in which complex, engineering projects are planned and delivered. We provide users with previously-unattainable insights, at an unprecedented speed and ease, whilst promoting collaboration and information sharing within teams.
TechNation thinks we are one of the best AI start-ups in the UK, Construction Tech Review says we are one of the best start-ups in in the EU/UK and AWS views us as disruptors of the industry. We are part of University of Oxford’s Creative Destruction Lab and Entrepreneur First alumni. We recently won the ‘Risk Innovation’ award from CIR, and have been shortlisted for AI product and innovation awards at CogX and by the British Construction Industry.
This is a great opportunity to join a well-funded and ambitious start up in a dynamic and mission-driven environment, leading the growth from a start-up to a fully-fledged organisation.
What will you do in the role?
- Write code from both stack sides to build scalable products.
- Work with state-of-the-art technologies such as AWS Cloud.
- Collaborate, communicate with different teams, and triage technical issues across teams.
- Write code having quality, testability and performance in mind
- Develop automated tests to ensure code quality across our system.
- Write technical documentation
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
You’ll be joining a team of creative and intellectually curious engineers. We are eager to learn any technology and skill required to get the job done, and share their knowledge with the rest of the team.
With a strong culture of ownership and responsibility, we believe that our job is not done until the job is done.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Ambition to be a world-leading expert.
- Appetite and capacity to keep up with emerging technologies.
- 3-7 years professional experience writing and testing modern, web-based applications
- Code evangelist; pride in readable, well-designed, well-tested and good-looking software, using best practices.
- Deploy what you develop (Infrastructure as Code [e.g. AWS CDK, CloudFormation, Terraform, Serverless]).
- Experience in cloud services and microservices architecture.
- Experience in building SaaS platforms used by a high volume of subscribers/customers.
- Degree in Computer Science, or similar technical field of study.
We’re also excited if you have:
- Experience with AWS services (e.g., S3, Lambda, RDS, Fargate, Cognito, Step Functions)
- Excellent knowledge of data-persistence methods, and when to use which (e.g., relational databases like MySQL, PostGreSQL, Redshift, BigQuery; key-value stores, like Memcache, Redis; "NoSQL" data backends, like Redis, MongoDB, ElasticSearch; graph databases, like neo4j).
- Experience in data engineering (e.g., ETL, pipelines) and SaaS architecture.
- Experience with visualisation libraries (e.g., Three.js, D3.js).
What if you’re a partial fit?
We prioritise grit, positivity, and drive for growth, and encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn't exactly match this job description.
Cyprus or Greece or Remote (GMT/CET/EET time zone)
- Hard working but not workaholic
- Explorers. Data is our compass and innovation our destination
- We are independent thinkers. We are not afraid of looking where no else is
- Team players. We believe the whole is bigger than the sum of its parts
- We have strong opinions, weakly held
- Continuously evolving the way we do things. Even our #donut dates
Nodes & Links is an equal opportunity employer: we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.