SOFTWARE QUALITY ASSURANCE (SQA)ENGINEER
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The University of Nicosia seeks a Software Quality Assurance (SQA) Engineer who will support local and contracted developer teams in analyzing, designing, building and testing university applications to ensure that it meets all declared requirements and end-user expectations.
The SQA Engineer reviews functional and not functional (i.e. performance, usability, security) requirements as well as end-user storyboards; estimates, prioritizes, plans and coordinates all testing activities, designs particular test plans, writes test cases, oversees test strategies and performs testing for assigned applications. The SQA Engineer submits and verifies all findings, maintains documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification University Information System, analyzes test results to certify existing functionality and integrations and recommends corrective action upon failures. Testing includes functional and non-functional, integration, regression, sub-systems, system and other types of testing.
· Reviews requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creates detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Designs functional and non-functional test cases that verify requirements and validates functionality
- Estimates, prioritizes, plans and coordinates testing activities
· Designs, develops and executes automation scripts using testing tools
· Profiles manual acceptance criteria and test-cases and evaluates automation opportunities
· Identifies, records, documents test results and tracks bugs
· Analyzes user stories and technical requirements for validity, feasibility and technical soundness and decomposes them to extract positive and negative test scenarios and strong acceptance criteria
· Applies Quality Engineering principles throughout the agile product life cycle to identify defect and design flaws
· Executes all levels of testing including but not limited to: System, Integration, Component Level Regression
· Develops and applies testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
· Liaises with internal and contracted teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
· Monitors debugging process results
· Investigates the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
· Tracks quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
· Uses methodical and repeatable processes to verify releases meet quality standards before launch
· Collaborates with the development team to improve the quality of the deliverables and ensures the business needs are met
· Monitors quality metrics for the production systems
· Stays up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
· BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other relevant areas.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in Acceptance Testing
- Thorough understanding of Agile/Scrum Software Development model
- Familiarity with development practices like Unit Testing, Test-Driven development, etc.
- Excellent analytical, debugging, problem-solving and root-cause analysis skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, goal orientated, and self-directed
- Demonstrated ability to operate and innovate in a small team with a fast-paced environment, balancing both strategic and tactical needs
Additional Qualifications that will be considered as advantageous:
- Proven 4+ years of enterprise software development, testing experience
- Familiarity with project management and continuous integration tools (JIRA, GitLab, GitHub etc.)
· Good management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
· Highly self‐motivated, goal orientated, and self‐directed
· Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Demonstrated ability to operate and innovate in a small team with a fast-‐paced environment, balancing both strategic and tactical needs
· Organizational skills to manage multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines
· Training and coaching skills
· Good interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, and students
· Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Information and Application
For a formal application, please submit your CV accompanied by a cover letter through our online recruitment system http://vacancies.unic.ac.cy/. up to the 31st of July, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
UNIVERSITY OF NICOSIA