This job is no longer accepting applications.
The University of Nicosia seeks talented, ambitious, passionate and results focused individuals for a position of Software Developer to participate in the development of innovative, state-of-the-art application systems. This person must have strong appreciation of innovative thinking, improvisation and experimenting. To support new ideas and non-standard approaches.
· Writes well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices including source code management techniques
· Maintains, expands, and scales existing in-house built web applications, mainly UNIC WEB portal for Students, Faculty and Staff, including the Nicky chat bot
· Ensures efficient functionality and usage of the UNIC Portal
· Implements and runs QA including functionality testing and code debugging at staging environment
· Integrates data from various back-end services and databases in the Portal Database
· Develops and maintains software documentation
· Keeps up with existing technologies and trends. Makes timely suggestions regarding their application at the University
· Oversees, trains and coaches junior developers
· Provides technical support for in-house built applications
· BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science
· Professional certifications will ne considered as an advantage
· At least 5 years of experience in Software Development including Web development
· Good knowledge of one of the following development languages / platforms: Java, Microsoft .NET, PHP, NodeJS
· Experience with Git, TFS, Visual Studio Online, or any other source code management technique
· Good understanding of software and network security (in particular WEB security in a context of developing secure applications)
· Good understanding of Software Development life cycle, in particular Adaptive Software Development
· Good understanding of Cloud Based technologies
· Strong communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to engage with both internal and external stakeholders
Additional Qualifications that will be considered as advantageous:
· Good knowledge and understanding of one of cross-platform mobile application development platforms like Microsoft Xamarin or Google Flutter or React Native
· Experience in native mobile application development (XCode, Android Studio)
· Understanding of Cloud Computing (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS). Ability to design and develop cloud-based enterprise level information systems and their components
· Understanding of cloud-based applications conceptual and architectural design, particularly Azure and Amazon AWS
· Experience with AI cloud based services
· Experience in database programming and administration, especially NoSQL and cloud based such as Amazon DynamoDB, DocumentDB, Neptune, Kinesis and Athena
· Other Amazon AWS experience, in particular with such services like EC2, BeansTalk, S3, RDS, SQS, Redshift, CodeCommit, CloudFormation
· Any AWS related certification (i.e., AWS Certified Solution Architect, AWS Certified Developer, AWS Certified DevOps engineer, etc.)
· Understanding of Enterprise application architecture and integration
· Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to deal effectively with staff, faculty and students by phone, e-mail band in person
· Self-starter with the ability to initiate tasks
- Highly organized and able to effectively handle multiple priorities concurrently
- Demonstrated experience of working effectively within a team and independently
· Demonstrated competencies in dealing with work requiring attention to detail
Information and Application
For a formal application, please submit your CV accompanied by a cover letter through our online recruitment system http://vacancies.unic.ac.cy/. up to the 31st of July, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
UNIVERSITY OF NICOSIA