JUNIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
The University of Nicosia seeks talented, ambitious, passionate and results focused individuals for the position of Junior Software Developer, to assist the Senior Software Developer in in-house software development, implementation and support applications, as well as with other relevant matters.
· Writes well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices under supervision of the Senior Software Developers
· Assists in maintaining, expanding, and scaling existing in-house built applications, including WEB apps
· Collects usage data of each in-hose built application according to the Senior Software Developer requests
· Assists the Senior Software Developer in functionality testing and code debugging at staging environment
· Assists the Senior Software Developer in developing and maintaining software documentation
· Keeps up with existing technologies and trends. Makes timely suggestions to the Senior Software Developer
· Provides technical support for in-house built applications
· BSc degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Physics, Math or other relevant areas
· No previous experience is required, however experience of working as a member of Software Development team is an advantage
· Good Knowledge of PHP, CSS, NodeJS, JS and HTML
· A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
· Problem solving and decision making skills
· Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
· Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work in teams
· Time management skills to manage multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines
· Good interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, and students
· Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Information and Application
For a formal application, please submit your CV accompanied by a cover letter through our online recruitment system http://vacancies.unic.ac.cy/. up to the 31st of July, 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
UNIVERSITY OF NICOSIA