Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Miroculus is looking for a motivated and talented Sr. Manufacturing Engineer to play an essential role in the timely delivery of quality instruments that continually improve in reliability, functionality and cost. In this role, you will work closely with functional groups such as Product Development, Quality, Technical Service as well as external partners for components and instrument assembly. This position reports to the Manufacturing Operations Leader.
- Ensure instrument assemblies conform to specifications and meet or exceed performance requirements.
- Ensure product assembly and subassembly specifications are sufficient to meet product requirement.
- Work closely with contract manufacturers on component selection and release and instrument release criteria.
- Implement continuous improvements in instrument design, manufacturing and test procedures to meet quality and cost objectives.
- Identify and prioritize need for enhancements in product design, work instructions, test scripts and manage them from development through implementation.
- Maintain version control of all engineering documents for instruments, manage tech transfer to suppliers and implement engineering change orders.
- Oversee SOPs and Quality tests of sub-assemblies made in house for instruments.
- Analyze field service complaints to identify key performance issues and develop corrective action plans.
- Oversee repair service practices and service depot performance on service level agreements and costs.
- Participate in vendor qualification, audit and selection process.
- Train assemblers and technicians on assembly, use, repair and testing of instrumentation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in Design, Test or Manufacture of electromechanical medical device or equipment.
- Familiarity with ISO 13485 requirements.
- Basic scripting skills to read and maintain QC scripts.
- Able to read CAD drawings.
- Flexible and proactive to work successfully in a startup environment.
- Solid organizational skills, ability to work and interact with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong verbal skills with interpersonal skills to partner, collaborate and build relationships with business partners and suppliers globally.
- Solid technical writing skills, along with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must be a self starter and capable of working independently and within a team.
- Ability to demonstrate the Miroculus core values of solidarity, humility, and commitment.
- Background in a biotech or medical device company.
- Working knowledge of electronic PCBA and precision mechanical manufacturing processes.
We offer a rich package of benefits including:
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- FSA, HSA, and 401(k) plans
- Subsidized commuter benefits
- Thrice weekly lunches on-site
- Flexible vacation policy and a generous suite of paid holidays including a week off at the end of the year
Miroculus uses proprietary digital microfluidics technology to automate and miniaturize the most complex genomic protocols such as NGS library prep, synthetic biology, genome editing, and combinatorial chemistry in a compact, user-friendly system. Our vision is to make the most complex protocols easy and accessible to scientists everywhere.
Commitment to Diversity
Here at Miroculus, we strongly believe that diversity is a competitive advantage and that everyone has the ability to make an impact. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, body size or shape, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.