We are BIOPIX-T, a biotechnology start-up in the field of diagnostics based in the Science and Technology Park of Crete (STEP-C), and we're looking for a Systems Administrator to join our growing IT team.
As a Systems Administrator, you will be
- performing server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
- working on maintaining internal infrastructure requirements including, laptop and desktop computers, servers, routers, switches, firewalls, printers, phones, security updates
- supporting internet, intranet, LANs, WANs, and network segments
- interacting with the help desk and other teams to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed
- performing routine/scheduled audits of the systems
- performing or delegating regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- building an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
Nice to have
- System administration and IT certifications in Linux, Microsoft, Azure AD or other network related fields are a plus
- Experience on ISO 27001
On top of an exciting, vibrant and intellectually challenging workplace, we are offering:
- An attractive salary package
- Continuous learning and development opportunities as the team grows
- Flexible working hours, ability to occasionally work from home
Please note CVs will be screened as they come in and only shortlisted applicants will be notified and given reasonable notice ahead of interview. All shortlisted applicants will be notified of the interview result within maximum 4 weeks’ time after the interview. The role is expected to commence as soon as possible.
BIOPIX DNA TECHNOLOGY P.C. is an equal opportunity employer. We want applicants of diverse background and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.