About the job
Work across digital product design and embedded systems. Create real-time connected applications and unleash your entrepreneurial spirit to shape the future.
You will be part of our young and growing GWF Labs team, whose mission is to create real-time decision support systems and intelligent solutions by harnessing IoT and telemetry data. You have a real passion for IoT and embedded systems while you enjoy pushing the envelope and figuring out novel ways to solve problems. Despite years of experience, you still have a startup mindset. You find solutions where others see dead-ends and sense opportunities where others see threats, while the challenge of low-power applications is something that drives your creativity. Your hunger for knowledge and understanding is insatiable and you are only then satisfied when you find the underlying cause of things. You are an independent, self-driven professional, and take full ownership of your work with a performance-centric mentality.
Whom you will be working with
GWF has recently established a modern Research and Development Center in Thessaloniki, where we aim at attracting, developing, and retaining a team of brilliant people, to simultaneously contribute to the local tech ecosystem and the company’s international growth. By bringing together the best of GWF’s digital capabilities, GWF Labs will co-shape the future of industrial IoT in the flow control space and beyond. The newly formed team offers a vibrant start-up environment with passionate bright colleagues and a clear goal to transform IoT data into modern applications. We have gathered a crowd of 200+ fantastic people across five locations to accomplish double-digit growth and bring cool products to the market to shape the future of industrial IoT in the flow control space and beyond. We are investing a lot of personal commitment, love and money in building a company where employees, customers and shareholders are equally happy. What do we do? In times of increasing resource scarcity, global warming and environmental challenges, we go the extra mile to measure valuable resources (water, heat, gas, electricity) and are developing new measurement and communication technologies in this domain. We are working globally and within our home market Europe. We constantly strive to reinvent ourselves, pushing forward a wave of dynamic technology and infrastructure investments. We commit to a pleasant, fun and achievement-oriented environment with plenty of room for growth.
What you will do
Based in Thessaloniki, you will work within a multisite, close-knit interdisciplinary team of developers ranging from hardware and electronics to mobile software engineers, to create fresh smart-metering and IoT solutions that reshape traditional utilities toward smart city paradigms. As such, you will become familiar with GWF’s proprietary technology, sensors, actuators, and industrial measurement systems and will focus on designing PCB and electronics circuits for embedded systems (focus on low-power applications). You will work together with the local team, while having access to expert technical guidance by the respective product tech leads throughout Europe. In doing so, you will also immerse yourself in GWF’s multisite development team setup.
You will be responsible for creating schematic capture and PCB layouts for hardware releases of e.g., flow metering devices and LoRa/NB-IoT communication modules. You will be accountable for the definition, creation and release of the component schematics and PCB layouts. Clearly documenting your design and results will add to the professionalism of your work. Your peers will recognize you for your unique combination of solid theoretical and practical background in embedded hardware (and firmware) design for low-power applications. During your involvement in high-profile product development projects, you will contribute towards program goals, ensuring schedules are met and deliverables are signed-off in time, scope and budget.
Qualifications and experience
- 5+ years of experience in PCB Design (preferably with Altium).
- 5+ years of experience in analog and digital electronics circuits.
- Experience with mixed-signal (analogue, multilayer and digital) electronics design.
- Experience with RF electronics design.
- Ability to fluently interface with internal and external stakeholders on a technical level.
- You are eager to identify, take ownership of issues, and drive them to resolution.
- Excellent English communication skills is a must, German is a strong add-on.
- BSc/MSc in Electrical Engineering or similar rounds up your profile.
- Hands-on testing & evaluation using a range of test equipment.
- You have fulfilled your military service obligations (for Greek male applicants).
Great to have
- Experience with the procedures of the SMT production for electronics.
- Design according to European Directives EMC and RED.
- Knowledge in mechatronic products including interaction between mechanical design, sensors and electronics.
- Simulation tools like pSpice, LTspice.
- Practical knowledge of STM32 or MSP430 microcontrollers.
- Knowledge of C programming in an embedded firmware context. Knowledge of the IAR toolchain.
- Experience in embedded testing.
- Ability to work with continuous integration and delivery. Experience with Azure DevOps and related tools.
- Competitive compensation
- Medical Care package
- Learning and growth opportunities in an international company setup
- A pleasant, fun and achievement-oriented environment
- Modern, bright offices with parking space, located close to the airport
- Relocation package for applicants from abroad
We look forward to receiving your complete application documents.
Your application has been successfully submitted.