Senior Scientist, NGS Assay
Miroculus is looking for a motivated, hands-on, Senior Scientist - Assay Development with a strong background in NGS to help us design and develop our novel digital microfluidics platform.
- Apply advanced knowledge of molecular biology and genomics to the development of assays on our proprietary microfluidic system.
- Define assay development plans for each stage of the product development process.
- Plan, develop and execute experimental test procedures with QC methods to ensure processes are in control.
- Perform data analysis using basic and advanced statistical tools (e.g. Excel, JMP, MiniTab, R).
- Present technical data, including issues, risks, and opportunities to cross-functional audiences.
- Accurately produce all required assay development design control documentation following quality management system.
- Recommend innovative approaches to improve current assays/products.
- Work closely with R&D teams/core development teams as part of the new product development process.
- Build a positive work environment based on accountability, collaboration and Communication.
- M.Sc + 3- 5 years or PhD + 0-2 years in molecular biology or genomics.
- Hands-on experience in at least one NGS workflow (WGS, WES or gene panel capture, RNA-Seq)
- Experience in DNA/RNA extraction, nucleic acid quantitation and quality analysis.
- Experience in qPCR, bioanalyzer and other nucleic acid analysis techniques.
- Skilled at writing clear plans, reports and SOPs.
- Experience mentoring and training junior scientists.
- Experienced in framing creative ideas, and independent thinking.
- Desire and drive to work in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation
- Experience with statistical softwares (JMP, R)
- Experience working under design control processes
Miroculus uses proprietary digital microfluidics technology to automate and miniaturize the most complex genomic protocols such as NGS library prep, synthetic biology, genome editing, and combinatorial chemistry in a compact, user-friendly system. Our vision is to make the most complex protocols easy and accessible to scientists everywhere.
Commitment to Diversity
Here at Miroculus, we strongly believe that diversity is a competitive advantage and that everyone has the ability to make an impact. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender identity or expression, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, body size or shape, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.