Flight Control Engineer
About the job
Do you want to deep dive into the fast-growing industry of robotics in diverse applications and get a rewarding experience within a dynamic start-up environment?
VERTLINER is a field robotics company specializing in constructions, introducing a novel solution which by the use of robotic technology and artificial intelligence aims to transform assessment phases into a smart procedure. We are proud to provide such an innovative system that promotes a new level of intelligence and helps to improve quality on a wider spectrum of applications.
To complete our creative, dynamic and fast-expanding R&D team in Athens, we are seeking a Flight Control Engineer.
As Flight Control Engineer you will be part of the research and development team, responsible for designing and implementing algorithms for our next generation of autonomous robotic UAS. The R&D team is a driven and ambitious group of scientists working together on solving challenging real-world robotics problems. You should be a team player and a self-motivated person.
- Develop, implement, and optimize real-time flight control algorithms for our challenging indoor navigation solution.
- Design robust, efficient and well tested production-ready code.
- Develop a deep understanding of core robotic concepts/principles and how our system works.
- Be flexible to collaborate on whichever problems we might encounter outside the field of expertise.
- Use Atlassian project management tools to monitor quality, meet technical and business objectives.
- Participating in missions for the testing system in real-world environments.
- Take ownership of testing, research, and implementation of new tools and techniques.
- Identify and resolve technical challenges.
- Direct hands-on experience with implementing flight control algorithms on a multi-rotor.
- Good software engineering foundation and committed to writing clean, tested and well-structured code.
- Good proficiency in ArduPilot, Logfile analysis, MAVLINK, embedded boards communication.
- Good team player willing to work in a dynamic and ambitious team.
- BSc/MSc degree or above in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems/Technology, Mechanical Engineering, or robotics-related degrees.
- Proven experience in Vehicle Calibration, PID tuning, autonomous navigation is a prerequisite.
- Proven experience in ROS, SLAM, Visual Inertial Odometry, Kalman Filter, while Modeling is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
What We Look For
The most important is that you are committed to working as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to demonstrate enthusiasm, motivation, and passion to develop fast in a startup working environment. You’ll need to pick up new skills and talents as you go, so asking questions and having the confidence to speak up are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
Our priority is our people. Apart from your technical capacity, personality and cultural fit, what we are mainly looking for, are people who share our passion, fortitude, and vision.
Your advancement with us depends greatly on you!
You are offered:
- Opportunity to shape your career as the company grows.
- Competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business.
- Opportunities for professional development, so you may develop every aspect of your professional life.
- Cooperation, creativity, and innovation as we adopt flexible cooperation models to achieve fast results and increased productivity.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You will be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
- Modern working environment: we adopt practices to improve your experiences at work, in the buzzing Attica Technology Park with regular events on site (networking, workshops).
Eligibility criteria: EU work permit holders and EU citizens
We are just at an email away at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ready to join?
Please send your CV and Cover Letter, by mentioning the position reference number V10023.
All applications will be treated as strictly confidential.
VERTLINER is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. VERTLINER is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VERTLINER are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Autonomously Digitise Assets