This job is no longer accepting applications.
The position sits in the Core Banking System Services team of the IT Systems Division, being responsible for the maintenance and support of the Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Openshift platform infrastructure. The role requires keeping the servers up to date with patches and assisting with configuration changes as the system evolves. Secondary responsibilities include among others assistance with investigating, troubleshooting, and debugging.
The position requires a candidate with substantial experience in Linux system administration concepts, practices, and procedures to troubleshoot and configurate servers including best practice configurations, connectivity, and networking concepts. The candidate should have experience managing physical, virtually hosted hardware and software environments and be able to collaborate effectively with stakeholders under strict deadlines.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support an environment of virtual and physical Red Hat installations
- Resolve complex and/or critical infrastructure incidents and malfunctions. Ensure all related issues are appropriately resolved and relative documentation is retained.
- Ensure and implement best practices for all facets of IT including hardware, software, security, and storage.
- Ensure compliance of divisional IT assets per corporate standards and directives.
- Build strong and effective relationships with internal team members, engineering teams, and field users in business offices.
- Managing deployments/rollouts during working and non-working hours.
- Participate in an on-call support of systems outside of normal business hours.
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner technical information to the management team, technical staff, engineers or vendors during troubleshooting or escalations.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in System Administration.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (or other related field).
- Excellent skills in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), scripting and system automation (Perl, Bash, etc.). RHCSA or RHCE or equivalent certification will be highly evaluated.
- Linux troubleshooting and performance monitoring experience .
- Application server (JBoss EAP, Tomcat) and web server (Apache httpd, Nginx) administration experience
- Middleware suite administration experience (Red Hat JBoss EAP, Red Hat Fuse, Red Hat Process Automation Manager, Data Grid, Apache ActiveMQ)
- Familiar with Elastic Stack infrastructure administration
- Hands-on experience with containerization technologies and tools (Openshift, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Administration experience in Red Hat Satellite
- Experience in Infrastructure automation and configuration (Ansible)
- Experience using NoSQL databases and distributed messaging systems such as Redis, Kafka, in the context of low latency and high transaction volume systems
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies like VMWare Server/ESX.
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Well-rounded personality with proven people management skills.
- Advanced organizational skills coupled with the ability to manage projects of varying length
All applications will be acknowledged and treated in utmost confidence!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Always Added Value